Tuesday 16 August 2011

Longboarding is NOT an epidemic, but the end result of 60 years of work!



O.K. haters lets get this started. I here comments all the time usually from the ignorant..."longboarding is an epidemic" they say, really? an epidemic how? Is it because there are a lot of people who use a longboard for transportation? or is it because they don't skate like you, so you have to undermine them to make your pathetic skate ability look better? 






First of all longboards have been around since skateboarding has been around, they are one in the same. Also  I know you don't remember the days of no skateparks, and no where to skate, but it was once like that...... No contests, no street league, no money.  from everyone's perspective skateboarding was really the lamest thing you could do, this translated into chase downs and beatings. 


 I ride all types of decks, all sizes of boards and wheels, I bomb, I skate bowl, I skate street, and I have been known to race once in a while. I ride flat pig decks to 70's style cruisers, and longboards!  I am currently riding an antihero cross between new and oldschool (its really a 33inch double kick with squared tail and nose.) to me that is skateboarding..... You give me whatever deck you got, and I'll shred it, you give me any spot and I will skate it. NO LIMITS, NO BOUNDARIES. that's skateboarding! 


Now to bring you up to speed....on the scenario, all those longboarders you see are either skaters who loved to skate but could not handle the body damage, or converts who after years and years of us promoting skateboarding, they wanted to be a part of it, so they buy a longboard......regardless with the gas prices going up and electric vehicles and bikes on the roads, what you hate so much is what I call progress....we are winning the war for the streets.......slowly we are gaining more acceptance and understanding.......I see a day when the streets are filled with bikes not cars....when this day comes we will be kings!


So to wrap it up.... before you were ever a thought in your parents mind. Some longboarder was ripping it somewhere......and keeping the scene alive.........for you!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment