Monday 15 August 2011

Dew tour Portland and the summer of sickness.........







I am really getting to like the media options these days, better yet the advantages the internet has provided to our industry. In my eyes the DIY attitude of the skate industry is a perfect fit for a tool like the internet. Let me give you an example, when we were growing up there really was barely any skateboard coverage other than the magazines. 


If I wanted to watch a contest like Savannah Slamma, it would come up at some point, NSI would film it and eventually it would show up on VHS, and I would be lucky to ever stumble across the video at a local video store.... That was just the way it was, if we found a video of a contest, or better yet a actual skate video like video show, or streets of fire, we would covet it like it was the holy grail itself. Hence why older skaters have a useless pile of skate videos that are all available today online. Here we are hoarding videos for years thinking we were keeping some sort of important library of radness, and it all ends up free for all....


Move forward to today, I have blogged and watched tones of contests on the internet this year, even ones I would never hear about thanks to my friends who attended filmed and posted the footage online. 


So to get to the Dew tour, this event is great, and just another awesome skate event, the bowl is sick, with a few pockets, And the street skating speaks for itself. I am just excited that we have entered an era where, I can watch bowl skating on TV all summer long......its about f***ing time. 


PS- live feed for Malmo Bowl this weekend http://ultrabowl3.wallenmedia.se/













No comments:

Post a Comment