Thursday 11 August 2011

Skateboarding...... best era yet?




I have always loved skateboarding, and have since the day Dave the rocker from the end of my street sold me his solid oak banana board back in the day.....As skateboarding evolves, I have noticed that every era has something unique to contribute to the sport.....and this has always made skateboarding great! ever changing and alive.


I could go into all the great things and riders from each era, and bore you to death, or I could just Cole notes it for you and get straight to the point. So here you go,  50's, 60's, 70's - foundation, roots and surf style, 80's punk, aggression and vert ramps, 90's street, technical advancement, industry, 2000's the perfection of street and movement towards a new style of skatepark......and finally 2011,  the kids who grew up skating the parks from the last decade reach their teens, with a new found support and more importantly money from large companies and events, the industry has created in my eyes the most well rounded skaters I have seen ...well ever.......


So in my view 2010/ 2011, is the start of the best era ever.........here is some ripping to make you jealous of their talents.... 


PS. Dew tour Portland Saturday 13th and 14th keep eyes open for the webcast!


















No comments:

Post a Comment