Wednesday 6 July 2011

Cell Block Rails VS Bones thin ribs........

                                                                                                             
Cell block VS Bones thin ribs eh! well to start those of you who know me or have taken a few minutes to tune into my washed up skateboarder super babble, already know I set up on Cell block rails. I have rode Cell Block and Rib bones many times in my life, and I could say that for a time I was exclusive to the Bones Ribs, and eventually the Thin rib, both amazing rails....


I find that Cell blocks just slide better, the Bones seemed a little sticky, and I say that after riding Cell blocks for a while then setting back up on Thin Ribs, so this test is unfair to bones, and this is by no means a scientific test....For lip slides/ board slides, Cell block all the way. For grabbing those of you who do early grabs, cell block give you more grip space..


To say a few things a bout Bones plastics, If I had no Cell blocks I would go back to Thin ribs, but I have a bucket of Cell blocks, and probably enough to last until I die. now If I run out well I don't think you can just go out and buy Cell Block rails anymore.....I did notice I could get the shirt though...and yes its on the to order list. 


To add never rat nut your rails in...whats the point, go get some small screws and just screw them into the board. I hate rat nuts......


Black label, Deathbox, Creature and a few undergrounds have made some good rails search out and Im sure you can find them online....Bones thin ribs are able to be bought today, probably not from your local skate shop.....but they are around and keeping us older guys with rails thanks Bones.


If you are a true rock and roller, you might step it up to the next level with the Rail and Rip Grip combo...not for beginners though.


keep in mind If you are going to ride plastics on a classic deck, rails are the only accepted choice....no lappers, no nose guards, no skid plates etc....they sucked back then and they suck now.....RAILS ONLY!


I have included some pics of rails, to keep you hyped........


And to wrap up.......Cell block wins......





Creature Rails and rip grip combo pack!

      

                                                                                                      


                                Here is some old Jason Jesse footage....check the rails! sick!                                                        
                                                                    

                                                                
                                                                              rip grip! 
         





No comments:

Post a Comment