Thursday 25 August 2011

Board shapes!



Today is the day I finally get off my butt, head into my workshop, and press up a new deck for me!.....its going to be a good day! So I decided  I might as well blog about board shapes of past and present.  This might help me decide.

I am a shape guy, I like every board to be different, every ride to slightly change, and every deck to be a new experience. Perhaps this is because I dont do any trick that is technical in any way, or could it be because after 27 years of skateboarding I have probably invested a combined total of 3 hours into landing a kickflip, or any flip.......This is not something I am proud of (or am I?) but just a reality, now dont get me wrong if I do 50 kickflips I will land one, or two..ha ha. I love the trick, but I just dont do them....ever.

Due to the fact, I dont need the consistency a particular shape/set up provides...I can then open pandoras box of options and see what I end up with.....I could bat tail it up, or maybe tri-tail it, I can have a punk point, or fishtail, or perhaps an 80's flat pig, maybe 36inch longboard, or ripsaw the edges, shovel nose, wheel wells, 8.75, 9, 9.5, 10+!!! so on and so on.......my friend suggested an 80's freestyle deck, but unfortunately for me pandoras box does not have this option.

So off to workshop.....for a little creativity, and cant wait for the end result.  






cant do a blog on shapes without the hammerhead.



here 's some gang green, for the hell of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment