Tuesday 26 July 2011

Vans Shoes

Lets talk Vans.........I remember a time when if you saw a pair of Vans on someones feet, it basically meant that person skates, and if they were checkered well chances are they skate hard! Long gone are the days of Vans being a skater only shoe..... 


I have ridden Vans pretty much exclusively for my whole life, there were times that I could not get a pair so I have worn sub standard substitutes, or when i was younger, I had the Airwalks with the lace saver, and obviously a pair of prototypes. I have skated other great shoes from back in the day like the Nike Jordan, and Converse weapon, and classic. But the mainstay shoe in my life has been the vans slip-on or high-top. 

I have seen many attempts to copy this design, or more importantly copy the infamous waffle sole, with no-one getting it right. Vans have been keeping my feet alive and sticking to my board for 20+ years, and I have come to the realization that it makes sense to keep a few pairs on stock ( I always like to have a freshie pair ready to go).


As I have reached the ripe old age of 38 I have come to understand that the Half-cab is the best option for my ankle issues, though I would love to feel the freedom the original or slip-on provide, that is just not an option anymore. 

Vans best skate shoe ever, and no reason to skate anything else period! 


No comments:

Post a Comment