Friday 1 July 2011

8th Annual Dovercourt Open

Today being Canada day I thought I would celebrate the best I can......Going to watch/run the 8th Annual Dover court open.....then trip to Legacy to rip the bowl.

Alot of people have tried to get me to race cones, I am older, and wiser.....I have always been attracted to the freedom of skateboarding, the fact there are no barriers, no walls, no forced direction. But with running cones there is this need in me to say yeah I can run them no problem, I've skated my whole life, I can easily rip though those cones.....I have been technically doing it on the street for years. In and out of gum marks and garbage cans. I learned last year it aint so easy, and the challenge of making the course kind of fun. My only problem was I would see the line across the road for the timer, and instinctively ollied it 3 out of 4 runs. I had to focus on the fact to not ollie the line. 

Regardless I build my Slalom deck last night, piecing together  what ever left over skate pieces i had to make something half decent. 

So lets give it a shot......and report to the legacy bowl after....


No comments:

Post a Comment