Thursday 30 June 2011

Independent Trucks!


                                                                        
Might as well start with the BEST! 


What can be said about Indy......to start I once rode the same Indy's for seven years without a snap.....I like my trucks to be grind down until they snap. Who doesn't like to grind their trucks down to nothingness, then one day you throw out the old axle smasher and Blammo they are done!


Regardless I have tried other trucks over the years, nothing to gimmicky. mainly Tracker Aggros and Venture.
both I liked and would consider as a back up, but really out side of a couple sets of plastic base-platted trackers from the 80's I've ridden Indy exclusively.


To add to this story a few years ago living in Toronto I found a old bicycle shop that had some left over skate stuff from the 80's in its basement. When I checked out the selection, I had to buy it all, Included was a box of mismatched wheels from the era of mixing colors (slimeballs, oj's, sawblades, rockets etc.) these went on my wall in a glass case. I also have a private stash of Santa Cruz Cell block rails that would amaze any one who still has these plastics on their board. And finally 36 sets of 1980's 169 Indys with original hole pattern.....ha ha yeah you heard me 36 sets........anyways over the years the 36 has become 2 left, from selling and trading. 


 Based on my math and the fact that they are Indy's I should be good for about 14 years .......thanks indy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment